Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Emma and the TV

About a week ago I had the bright idea to occupy Emma's bumper-to-bumper commute time with her Baby Einstein DVDs in the car. Three days into the endeavor I didn't turn the TV on. After I buckled her, sat in the driver seat, buckled my own belt and started to put the car in gear I heard three grunts....mommy pay attention to me grunts, mommy I want something I can't reach grunts. I turned around to see my daughter, eight month old daughter mind you, looking up at the space where the TV screen would be had I dropped it down from it's resting place and turned it on for her viewing pleasure. Man, two ah-ha moments for me here: 1 - I experienced my first parent / child manipulation stunt...and I gave in without even talking it over with myself and 2 - oh my word, Emma isn't even one yet and I've turned her into a television watching fool. Good thing it's educational videos.

No comments: