Sunday, September 28, 2008

it was a good weekend

we had a great weekend. it's no secret to those who know me well that i tend to live in a fantasy world and relate everything to movies (gasp if you didn't know...it's okay). in my mind i live in the country in a two story white house with blue shutters with a wrap-around porch...i have a craft room for scrap booking...troy has a work shop out back...emma plays in the yard with friends who live next door but we have to drive and pick them up because the houses aren't stacked and packed on top of one another...

work is getting better, but i still find myself anticipating the weekend so i can come away from the corporate stress to actually make a decent meal for my family and spend the entire day with Emma rather than just getting her up out of bed and back home with just enough time to get her fed, bathed and back in bed.

amber moved into an apartment less than five minutes from us so she's spending more and more time with us. friday night we went to cici's pizza and to wal-mart then home to watch the presidential debate.

saturday me, troy and emma stayed in our pjs until 4:30 pm...we had cinnamon roles for breakfast....played with Emma until she laughed so hard she had hiccups...

one of my cousins who lives in atlanta was in for the weekend - he's pretty much a riot....i had my parents, brother and his family (and amber) over...we sat outside until midnight telling family stories from the past and laughing...i rocked my 5 month old nephew to sleep in my arms...

today we slept in...then we went to ms. alma's and spent time celebrating scott's birthday. i love seeing how much joy emma brings to so many peoples' lives.

tomorrow begins the increasingly more dreaded work week. my schedule is finally letting up some. maybe i'll even have a minute tomorrow to reflect on my weekend....as my mind drifts away thinking about the time i got to spend with family this weekend i won't picture the house in the country with the shutters. i'll think about emma playing with the people who love her the most...and will be thankful that we don't need the house in the country to make the home we want for her.

1 comment:

theodude said...

but...can we still dream of the house in the country?...I like that picture